As you may know already, we’re constantly highlighting great features of TheGrint app and taking the time to explain them in full detail so you can get the most out of them. Today, we’ll take a swing at explaining our Scorecard Picture Service. You’ll also learn how to keep track of advanced stats (like fairway accuracy, penalties) on a regular scorecard.
If you like to keep your score on a traditional scorecard while you play but you’d also like your Stats, Handicaps, and Score reflected on TheGrint, this feature will be especially relevant for you since it lets you combine the best of the two worlds.
TheGrint Scorecard Picture Service works by taking a picture of your scorecard at the end of your round through the app, and our system will sync everything you kept track of during your golfing, even advanced stats like # of putts and fairway accuracy.
This is what you’ll need to do in order to get the most out of our Scorecard Picture Service:
After your Round:
1. Where your name goes, put your TheGrint username and go to TheGrint App
2. Tap on Play
3. Tap on Scorecard Picture
4. Choose the Golf Course, Date (on the top right), Tees your playing from, and how many Holes you played.
5. If you played with another Grinter and kept his/her Score, you can upload their data to TheGrint as well by tapping on Select Player and finding them or typing their e-mail address.
6. Tap on Next and then tap on “Camera” so you can take a Picture of the Scorecard (If you need to take two (2) pictures in order to get the 18-holes, tap on the option “Two”.
7. Rate the Course and Tap & Press “Upload” as you’d normally do after a round.
This is when the magic happens!
If you send us your Score within these hours, we typically upload your Score within 5 minutes:
Monday – Thursdays between 10 am and 6 pm EST
Friday – Sundays between 12 pm and 8 pm EST
Check out the picture below to see how you should write down the score and stats so we can track them:
To keep track of penalties, these are the letters you need to learn:
Now that you know you don’t have to upload your score while playing… You can relax, play your game, and leave us the hard work of transcribing your score for you.
Feel free to ask a question on the Comments Box or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy your Golf!